We all have some type of stress in our lives that is causing us to worry and get anxious. Anxiety herbs are an all around great natural remedy for your stressful, fast paced, day to day life. From worrying about our children to deadlines at work, or finding work and of course money. Money is a big cause of our stress, especially in these times. All this stress and worrying in our lives can eventually lead to anxiety. And those of us who have experienced any kind of anxiety know that it is no walk in the park. At some points you don’t want to even leave the house. It is just too nerve racking to be around people or do your job because you might have another ‘attack’. You will do anything to just make it stop. But before you go and spend money on the many types of anxiety medications that claim to relieve your anxiety, why not try to cure it naturally with anxiety herbs. Natural ingredients in anything is much better for us then some kind of medication made drug that can have a list of side effects and are mixed with all types of dependencies for the medication. Not only that, many of us don’t even have insurance to help us cover the costs of the very expensive prescription. So it is definitely worth to try an alternative method first. Anxiety herbs give you great relaxation for your mind and body. They will help you cope with the stress and anxiety that our everyday lives bring on by strengthening the body systems. However, there are many different types of herbs for anxiety to choose from. You may want to consult a health professional to find the right anxiety herb for you.
*Common Anxiety Herbs:
• St. John’s Wort – This is a mild sedative that affects the nervous system. It has been used for depression, anxiety and tension for over two thousand years and is becoming extremely popular in the U.S. Studies and research show that this herb can increase levels of existing serotonin, dopamine and norepinephrine which can elevate your mood and can give you a feeling of euphoria.
• Passionflower – A perennial vine that grows all over the world, except in Africa and Antarctica, and has been used to treat anxiety and insomnia for centuries. It is a proven safe alternative to prescription and illegal drugs. The flowers, leaves and stems are all used in various ways for medicinal purposes.
• Kava Kava Herb – A South Pacific Island plant that promotes relaxation. Produces a relaxed but mentally alert state when taking small doses. Larger doses could lead to muscle relaxation and drowsiness. Studies have shown people with generalized anxiety and depression felt their mood improve and their anxiety lessen when taking Kava Kava.
• Chamomile Herb – Chamomile has been used since Greek, Egyptian, and Roman times. It works for nerves, digestion, and circulation. It has sedative and anti anxiety effects. It’s most common form of use is as in ingredient in herbal teas made from the dried blossoms of the plant.
• Rhodiola Rosea – A medicinal plant indigenous to Siberia that thrives in dry and cold arctic climates. Used to relieve occasional stress, anxiety, mental and physical fatigue and a depressed mood by stimulating serotonin, norepinephrine and dopamine activity.
• Valerian Herb – Valerian has been a medicinal herb since ancient Greek and Roman times. Directly interacts with the GABA which promote a calming effect. Valerian is derived from the plant Valeriana Officinalis which relaxes muscles and improves sleep. It is usually used for mild to moderate anxiety problems and can be consumed in a capsule, liquid extract or in tea.
• Gotu Kola – This herb has been used in India for a long time. It rejuvenates the nervous system and has relaxing effects.
• Skullcap - Another herb that relaxes the central nervous system. It is also effective to reducing nervous tension.
• Oats (Avena sativa) – If you are really anxious, oats is very beneficial for your nervous system. It is recommend to use 1-2 teaspoons of this herb in tea.
• Motherwort (Leonurus Cardiaca) – This is commonly used for people who feel anxiety and have a rapidly beating heart. It directly impacts the cardiovascular system. Specifically, it is for people with anxiety that results from miter valve relapse.
• Rooibos – Popular in South Africa for many generations and now the use has spread to many countries. It is used in herbal tea to relieve nervous tension, allergies and digestive problems
• Lavender & Lemon Balm – A couple more common anxiety herbs used to promote calm, ease stress and feelings of agitation and irritation.
• Gaba, 5HTP – These herbs can be combined. Both contain naturally occurring amino acids which are very well known for their calming effects. Gaba works like a natural Valium with no side effects and 5HTP reduces anxiety and is also great for depression.
All these anxiety herbs have a long record of success when used as a natural medicine. They have been proven effective in many clinical research studies. Along with taking any of these anxiety herbs, you still may want to do some simple activities around the house that could also help reduce your stress. Like going for a walk, reading a book, or some type of meditation to relax your mind. Of course, you have to find time in your busy day to do these methods. Which is why things like anxiety herbs are becoming a more and more common way to relieve your stress and anxiety.
So if you are feeling anxious, stressed, or have a worrying mind, there is no need to resort to powerful over-the-counter drugs or prescription medication. Start with some calming natural remedies like the anxiety herbs and you could start feeling calm and relaxed fast without any kind of side effects.
*Three Steps To Help Your Anxiety Now:
1. Get plenty of sleep every night. This is simple but a lot of people don’t realize this. If you get regular sleep every night, 6-8 hours, then you will feel more relaxed and energetic throughout your day.
2. Exercise regularly. Very healthy for your body and mind. The more oxygen you take in the more increased blood flow to your brain. Also, your body secrets endorphins, nature’s answer to stress and anxiety.
3. Take a deep breath! It’s not just you. Lots of people go through this. When you are starting to feel anxious, step back and take a deep breath and calm yourself. Also practice taking deep breaths several times daily to make yourself more relaxed.
*Recommended Natural Product:
• Depression Fighters – This is an all natural supplement used to relieve anxiety and depression. Very popular and has been around since 2000. It is made to be an alternative to Prozac®, Zoloft®, Paxil®, Effexor®, Celexa®, Wellbutin®, and Adapin®. But unlike those prescription drugs this has no side effects or health risks and it is all natural so no prescription is needed. It provides an all natural boost to the feel good neurotransmitters serotonin, dopamine, norepinephrine, and GABA and can help you feel a sense of joy, calm and happiness.
I highly suggest you try this out and take care of your anxiety now!